Tuesday, September 16, 2008

3 days

If you have started something with your baby and you wish someone would have slapped you on the back of your head and warned you not to, take a chill, you can fix it! Babies and toddlers are intelligent, resourceful, and resilient (strong, sturdy) and of course absolutely adorable. However, remember it's the last adjective that gets most new parents/parents into trouble. Babies are going to have to cry a little in the beginning (1st three years) or you and your husband are going to cry, a lot, later on. Whatever negative situation YOU have created just STOP and in 3 days it will be over. I started a job and the hours were 9 to 5, about 6 months later the hours were changed to 8:30 - 5:30 with lunch remaining the same at one hour. Day 1 truly seemed like I was working into the night, I got home and went to bed. Day 2 was a little better, not much, but better. At least when I got home I made it through dinner. You know what Day 3 was? It was me accepting it wasn't going to change, it wasn't going to go back to 9 to 5 and I learned to live with it. It is the exact same thing with a baby or a toddler, once they accept, realize, understand, you will not be rocking them at 3:00am they get the message and it only takes 3 days for this to unfold. I've done it with my own children, it works! I watched a young couple on Prime Time or a similar show and they were at their wits end with the cutest little 18 month old who just kept waking up 2 - 3 times every night. They were literally exhausted and PAID 500.00 for someone to help them fix the problem THEY created and guess what, in 3 nights that 18 month old was sleeping through the night. I'm telling you it works, and you're getting this wealth of information for free!!! You are a blessed people! Chow.

1 comment:

All Things Beautiful said...

it's true. my daughter caught on after day two! they are smart little buggers!