Sunday, September 14, 2008

ignorance

This next post is not meant to insult the intelligence of new parents. However, I have to call a spade a spade. In speaking with new parents over the years some of their comments are truly lacking in common sense. e.g. This was spoken in reference to a 10 day old baby - "He just hates his cradle" - a 3 week old - "She loves the car" - 3 week old - "She loves to sleep on my wifes chest" - 4 week old - "He loves to sleep in his car seat, he just hates his crib"! You get my point. How in the world of common sense does a newborn "hate" anything. What in the world are new parents thinking? I have actually met parents that put their baby in the car and drive for two hours so the baby will nap? I wonder what our grandparents did without car seats? Or swings, or mobiles. Think about this and I mean really think about it. When a baby cries and is picked up and stops on a dime, is anything hurting them? When a baby is hurting from anything - hunger, diaper rash, etc. you can not get them to stop crying until the hurt goes away. If a new mom has a toothache and her husband picks her up will that make the toothache stop hurting? Lets go new parents put your thinking caps on you've been sitting on them instead! Written with much love, Linda. Ciao (chow)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should write a book. Moms, including myself, would pay high dollars for it. To know when, what and how much to feed from birth to two years old and how to get sleep in the first three years is priceless! We new moms are clueless (even if we don't want to admit it).

Anonymous said...

I think you should write a book. Moms, including myself, would pay high dollars for it. To know when, what and how much to feed from birth to two years old and how to get sleep in the first three years is priceless! We new moms are clueless (even if we don't want to admit it).