Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My children

I raised three boys and a girl. They range in ages from 36 years to the youngest who is 25. And the love of my life is Victoria my granddaughter who is 3. Victoria is the daughter of John and my daughter in law Michelle. All of my children were breast fed on a four hour schedule, slept through the night at 3 weeks old, off the breast by 9 months (replaced with a sippee cup). Were great eaters not drinkers - e.g. juice, juice, juice, all day long - this was never the case in my home. Raising them was a joy and I love each one of them dearly. My pediatrician was a genius and trust me my advice will work. You don't have to walk the floors at night, your baby doesn't have to sleep in a car seat, and most of all your husband doesn't have to be afraid to sneeze if the baby is asleep. Oops almost forgot a very important person in my life, my husband Mosey as I affectionately call him, his name is Michael and we have been happily married (most of the time) for the past 38 years! Ciao (chow)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is great . I personally know this stuff works cause im the son of this wonderful blogger.

Anonymous said...

I can vouch also, i'm the daughter of this special woman, and will have my notebook when it's time for me to have children!!!

Mandy Rose said...

Hey...when it comes to Baby Rose #2...I'm willing to try anything you say. I need some good advice! I'll be back for regular visits! (no, there is no baby rose #2 YET, but for future reference) haha!

M_Scanzano said...

I am the daughter-in-law, the mother of our precious Victoria already mentioned. I put into practice the very same priciples mentioned in this blog with Victoria and it works! I am also a firm believer in structure - it produces trust, self confidence and balance for your child (children). Lord knows we all need balance! I can't tell you how amazed MY parents and friends are that Victoria goes down in her crib so fast without a complaint - awake. I have never put her in the car to make her go t sleep. I also breast fed her on a schedule - no way was I going to be a human cow around the clock. If you are a new parent, or didn't sleep with your first one, two or three, listen to Linda, aka Momma Scanz. You will sleep and your kids will be happy & healthy. Some sacrifices have to be made in the beginning, but they are well worth it adn you CAN do it. Motherhood is not for wimps - and I know women are not wimps! Lots of love and kisses to all the babies.